Campaigning for the Protection and Promotion of Human Rights, Democracy, the Rule of Law and International Justice
- Portugal parliament overturns presidential veto on gay adoption
- 'These are our rights': Ghana's LGBT community finally find Solace
- What is the Chinese media doing right for LGBT people?
- APEDH and NPWJ organise a national workshop on "BANFGM: towards the elimination of female genital mutilation" in Mauritania
- Peru sex worker's campaign trail: 'I'll put order in the big brothel that is congress'
- Tunisia: LGBT Rights Five Years After the Tunisian Uprising
- Saudi court shifts sentence on jailed poet: 800 lashes instead of death
- Michigan Senate Passes Animal Cruelty Bill Which Includes Sodomy Ban (UPDATE)
- Rouhani calls for more Iranian women to 'lean in' to politics
- UN report: Syrian government actions amount to 'extermination'
10 Feb 2016 Emma Bonino in collegamento con Ballarò dalla città turca Gaziantep vicina al confine con la Siria Read More
08 Feb 2016 APEDH and NPWJ organise a national workshop on "BANFGM: towards the elimination of female genital mutilation" in Mauritania Read More
07 Feb 2016 NPWJ report on the fourteenth Assembly of States Parties of the International Criminal Court Read More
06 Feb 2016 CPTAFE and NPWJ organise a national workshop on "BANFGM: towards the elimination of female genital mutilation" in Guinea Read More
No Peace Without Justice programs
The International Criminal Justice Program is NPWJ's original mandate since 1994 and promotes accountability for violations of fundamental individual rights through a more effective international criminal justice system for the prevention, deterrence and prosecution of war crimes, crimes against humanity and genocideRead More
The overall objective of the Gender & Human Rights program is to foster the engagement of national governments, parliaments and activists to promote the adoption and enforcement of effective laws banning female genital mutilation and other traditional practices which challenge the promotion and protection of women and girls’ human rights, as well as to reinforce cooperation at regional and international levels.Read More
The overall objective of the MENA Democracy Program is to promote the development of political mechanisms of consultation that recognise non-governmental actors and civil society as a legitimate and necessary counterpart for dialogue with State institutions on issues of democratic reform, promotion of human rights, the Rule of Law, justice, reconciliation and accountability.Read More
A message from Emma Bonino